Thursday, February 1, 2007

My Bio

I am no Sidhartha. But I dig the “life’s a journey” part; At least the, walk through hedonism on the way to enlightenment bit. So, my life story has been overflowing with journeys, physical, ideological and experiential. Tasting from the potpourri of ways to think and be, but not committing to only one place or converting to one way, yet. A citizen of the world, I was born in Texas, raised in Bangladesh, blossomed in California via four frosty years in Ohio. Then with a spouse, and acquiring two kids along the way, I traveled through Bulgaria, Thailand and now am in Indonesia. But geography isn’t the half of it. Flunked classes in high school aced college and inched through a graduate program in Sociology. Doctor I-slam alright. Defying, organizing, engaging in student politics and anti-war demonstrations, yet hermit, mother, anal-retentive homemaker, occasional lecturer, consultant, writer, with a penchant for gourmet food and fancy hotels. These are the threads that weave the skin. Not a chameleon, just a hunter-gatherer, passing through the slick, in pursuit of a kernel.

4 comments:

lisa ling said...

I LOVE it!!!!!! No kidding. This is AWESOME!!!
Do you realize in the month and a half that I’ve known you (yes, we first met up Dec.6th according to my sms trail) this is the first piece of writing of yours I’m reading? I’m blown away. You had me at the first 4 words, but it just got better. Gives a really rich portrait of who you are, although it could possibly be a bit confusing for someone who didn’t know you because you are so complex! I love the way you bring it all together at the end. This is from the heart, and I, as reader, feel it.

Now I feel like I should go back and revise mine!! See, that’s the whole point of sharing, we inspire each other. Neat.

Liz said...

Yes, indeed, an inspiration. What you have written describes who I might imagine you are after only meeting you twice. You managed to describe your past, your present ... yourself, where you've lived, what you like or is important to you without making it the usual sequential biographical run on blurb. You've created a quick and more than interesting picture of who you are. I'm Looking forward to getting to know you better and to reading more of your writing.

J.A. McDougall said...

Facinating introduction, Naheed, I look forward to reading more of your work! Great project you guys have going here, best wishes !
~ Jennifer, in Canada

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.